BTEC Diploma in Sport, Coaching & Development (Equivalent of two A-Levels)
Qualifications to start the course
Expected GCSE requirements for BTEC study should include GCSE PE or BTEC First in PE but if not, you must have clear interest in sport in and out of school.
Description of subject
In recent years, sports and exercise scientists have been a growing presence in the world of sport. The core elements of anatomy, physiology, psychology and biomechanics are seen in almost every aspect of, and activity within, the sport sector. This BTEC National Diploma course covers a number of these equating in a qualification worth one A Level.
Through the course you will also gain Coaching and Umpiring Qualifications.
The course can lead to university study or jobs in coaching, sports nutrition, fitness work or other sports-related jobs.
Over the two years you will study 9 units, 6 compulsory and three of them will be externally examined:
- Principles of Anatomy & Physiology (Externally Assessed)
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Wellbeing (Externally Assessed)
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Sports Leadership
- Investigation Business in Sport and the Active Leisure Industry (Externally Assessed)
- Skill Acquisition in Sport
Optional units of study will be added to suit the cohort.