Year 13 Results
Staff and students at The Westgate School are celebrating another year of strong examination results at Key Stage 5.
Year 13 A Level students met and some excelled our high expectations with 29.55% achieving A*- B and 55.84% securing A*- C. Similarly, our BTEC students successfully attained a 100% pass rate with 45% of students achieving D*- Merit.
It is testament to their hard work and dedication that the students have been so successful in securing their choice at post-19 pathway.
Congratulations to the following students:
- Maryan Axmed: AAA - studying Biomedical Sciences at the St. Georges University
- Gurjeevan Athwal: A*AB - studying Law at the University of Reading
- Jaskirit Athwal: DDM - studying Educational Studies at the University of Middlesex
- Oliver Fiore: AAB - studying English Literature at the University of Exeter
- Arjan Mann: BBB - studying Aerospace Engineering at the University of Manchester
- Julia Napieralska: BBB - studying Sociology at the University of Sussex
- Abigail Phelps: A*BB - studying Law with Criminology at the University of Sussex
Michelle Cooper, Headteacher, said “We are absolutely delighted with the achievements of our sixth form students, they have worked incredibly hard over the last two years. We wish them every success for their next steps and we hope they enjoy their future adventures”.
Key Stage 5 Outcomes 2018-19 Overview
Combined A levels and Vocational Subjects
A*- C: 54.48%
A*- E: 94.29%
A*- C: 55.84%
A*- E: 93.51%
D*- M: 44.44%
D*- P: 100%
Provisional University/Apprenticeship Information
As a provisional statistic; 92% of students have confirmed their place at University/Apprenticeship or employment.
GCSE Results 2019
Mirroring the success at Key Stage 5, The Westgate School are celebrating the achievements of our students with excellent Key Stage 4 examination results which are above the national average. Many of our students met and indeed excelled our high expectations with several students being placed in the top 3% nationally - Well Done!
We would like to offer a special congratulations to the following students:
- Ria Dhillon - five 9s and four 8s
- Lucy Whitehall - five 9s, two 8s and one 7
- Megan Morris - three 9s, two 8s, two 7s and a D*
- Betty Axtell - two 9’s, four 8s and two 7s
- Malek Issimaila - one 9, four 8s and two 7s
- Hadwan Kamal - one 9, three 8s and one 7
Schools are now measured on the progress students make and we are exceptionally proud that students continue to make great progress at The Westgate School. The following students have made fantastic progress:
- Maumina Bi – achieved, on average, two and half grades higher than expected across all their subjects
- Alina Siddiqui – achieved, on average, two and half grades higher than expected across all their subjects
- Holly Dewes – achieved, on average, two grades higher than expected across all their subjects
- Anmol Bhamra – achieved, on average, two grades higher than expected across all their subjects
- Nilay Shah – achieved, on average, two grades higher than expected across all their subjects
- Seye Fowodu – achieved, on average, one and a half grades higher than expected across all their subjects
Provisional Key Headlines
Progress 8 + 0.22
Attainment 8 4.7
(9-4) Five Standard Pass Grades (not including English and Maths) 72%
(9-4) Standard Pass in English & Maths 64%
(9-5) Strong Pass in English & Maths 44%
(%) Students Entering the English Baccalaureate 15%
(%) Students Achieving the English Baccalaureate 10%
Certificates will be available to collect from the school later in the year, normally in November. If students are not enrolled at The Westgate School’s Sixth Form, a text message will be sent when they are ready, so please ensure that we have your correct contact number.