Year 13 2019 Summer Examination Results
Staff and students at The Westgate School are celebrating another year of strong examination results at Key Stage 5.
Year 13 A Level students met and some excelled our high expectations with 29.55% achieving A*- B and 55.84% securing A*- C. Similarly, our BTEC students successfully attained a 100% pass rate with 45% of students achieving D*- Merit.
It is testament to their hard work and dedication that the students have been so successful in securing their choice at post-19 pathway.
Congratulations to the following students:
- Maryan Axmed: AAA - studying Biomedical Sciences at the St. Georges University
- Gurjeevan Athwal: A*AB - studying Law at the University of Reading
- Jaskirit Athwal: DDM - studying Educational Studies at the University of Middlesex
- Oliver Fiore: AAB - studying English Literature at the University of Exeter
- Arjan Mann: BBB - studying Aerospace Engineering at the University of Manchester
- Julia Napieralska: BBB - studying Sociology at the University of Sussex
- Abigail Phelps: A*BB - studying Law with Criminology at the University of Sussex
Michelle Cooper, Headteacher, said “We are absolutely delighted with the achievements of our sixth form students, they have worked incredibly hard over the last two years. We wish them every success for their next steps and we hope they enjoy their future adventures”.
Key Stage 5 Outcomes 2018-19 Overview
Combined A levels and Vocational Subjects
A*- C: 54.48%
A*- E: 94.29%
A*- C: 55.84%
A*- E: 93.51%
D*- M: 44.44%
D*- P: 100%
Provisional University/Apprenticeship Information
As a provisional statistic; 92% of students have confirmed their place at University/Apprenticeship or employment.
Results will be available to collect on Thursday 22 August as follows:
Year 11 - 9.00am - 12 noon from main hall
Year 9/10 - 10.30am - 12 noon from reception
For all examination results please note the following:
Students must collect their results in person, if your child is unable to collect their results and would like a family member to collect on their behalf, they will need to provide written authorisation to the school by 15th July 2019.
If your child is unable to collect their results due to a holiday or other circumstances, their results will be posted to their home address by 1st class mail the same day.
No results will be given out over the telephone or sent by email, under any circumstances.
Certificates will be available to collect from the school later in the year, normally in November. If students are not enrolled at The Westgate School’s Sixth Form, a text message will be sent when they are ready, so please ensure that we have your correct contact number.