Head Teacher Vacancy
“Teachers are committed to working together and sharing ideas so that they provide the best possible education for their students.” Ofsted
“The learning and caring ethos of the school is exceptionally strong.” Ofsted
Head Teacher Required for September 2023
Leadership Scale Range (Fringe): L35-43 (£103,366 - £124,274)
Are you an exceptional leader with the vision, passion and emotional intelligence to lead The Westgate School to new heights? Can you continue to ensure Team Westgate continues to grow, with authentic leadership, supporting and challenging people to be the best they can be so that all thrive?
If so, then why not consider leading The Westgate School as Head Teacher in their exciting journey. The Board of Governors are looking to appoint a dynamic Head Teacher to support the leadership team in driving forward this outstanding school. The Westgate School is an oversubscribed, hugely successful, secondary school with exceptional facilities with scope for further investment. We currently have over 1300 students on roll including Sixth Form and we have specialist provision for SEND.
The Westgate School is committed to the wellbeing, development and growth of staff and students so that all can flourish together.
- Be passionate, innovative and a motivated leader with a genuine commitment to serving others and making a difference.
- Be committed to driving high standards, with the ability to inspire and motivate the school community and students to achieve their personal best.
- Have a strong moral compass dealing with every situation calmly and kindly, whilst being willing to challenge individuals, to secure the very best outcomes for all.
- Be reflective and forward thinking with the ability to lead change sensitively.
- Be able to work cohesively with the Senior Leadership Team to provide high level strategic and operational direction for teams.
- Emotionally intelligent, resilient and with the ability to take on board feedback.
- Bring significant leadership experience at Head Teacher or Deputy Head Teacher level, with a proven record of raising standards.
In return we can offer:
- A warm and welcoming school with a strong culture and ethos which cares for the individual.
- A consistently oversubscribed school due to students and parents who value their school.
- A school at the heart of the local community with staff who always go the extra mile.
- An aspirational, positive working environment, which prioritises staff development, health, and wellbeing.
- Bespoke, personalised professional development to support your personal growth and wellbeing.
- The opportunity to make a real difference and equip students for life.
- The opportunity to share and celebrate in the successes of an outstanding, well-resourced school.
- The opportunity to join ‘Team Westgate’ where ‘betterneverstops’ with a clear, shared core purpose.
- Health care cash plan through Benenden.
- Excellent facilities and extremely positive budgets with scope to continue to invest in The Westgate School.
- An active, knowledgeable and extremely supportive Board of Governors.
We welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We also welcome applications from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates.
We would recommend you visit the school to see this for yourself – this can be arranged by contacting Sandra Venturini, PA to the Head Teacher by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01753 559839.
School Tours: Week commencing 27 March 2023
Closing date: Friday, 14 April 2023 at midday
Interviews: 20-21 April 2023
Please see the job description and person specification for further details. Please complete the application form and also submit a personal statement of no more than two sides of A4 (font size 11) outlining why you should be considered for this role using the job description and person specification as your guide.
The Westgate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to satisfactory references, Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, and evidence of essential qualifications and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
References will be requested as soon as short-listing has taken place.