"Teachers are committed to working together and sharing ideas so that they provide the best possible education for their students" - Ofsted 2014
Deputy Head Teacher (2)
Start Date April 2019
Salary Leadership Point 23-27 fringe
The Westgate School is committed to the wellbeing, development and growth of staff and students so that all can flourish together. We are seeking to appoint two dynamic and innovative Deputy Head Teachers to support the Head Teacher in leading this outstanding school. The Westgate School is an oversubscribed, hugely successful, secondary school with exceptional facilities and has just completed a further expansion project. We currently have 1095 students on roll including Sixth Form.
- Be reflective and forward thinking with the ability to lead change sensitively.
- Be passionate, innovative and a motivated leader with a genuine commitment to making a difference.
- Be an excellent role model to staff and students with the drive and determination to become a Head Teacher in the future.
- Be committed to driving high standards, with the ability to inspire staff and students to achieve their personal best.
- Have a strong moral compass dealing with every situation calmly and kindly, whilst being willing to challenge individuals, to secure the very best outcomes for all.
We can offer:
- A school at the heart of the local community with supportive governors who always go the extra mile.
- An aspirational, positive working environment, which prioritises staff development and wellbeing.
- The opportunity to make a real difference and equip students for life.
- The opportunity to share and celebrate in the successes of an outstanding, well-resourced school.
- The opportunity to join ‘Team Westgate’ where ‘betterneverstops’ with a clear, shared core purpose.
Please see the application pack below for further information and job description.
Should you wish to arrange an informal visit prior to submitting your application please contact Sandra Venturini on 01753 559839 or email@example.com
Closing date for applications – noon on Wednesday 28th November 2018.
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 3rd December 2018 and will take place over two days.
Visits to the school are highly recommended, please call to make an appointment
(No agencies please)
You will automatically be enrolled for Teacher's Pensions when appointed
Health Cash Plan included
The Westgate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All staff are expected to be aware and follow the advice and guidance according to ~
'Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018'
You will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance for all positions
Application form to be emailed to Mrs S Venturini - firstname.lastname@example.org